NATIONAL COACHING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM CLINICS
Grade 3&4 Coaches (October 6th 10am-4pm location TBD) and Grade 1&2 Coaches (October 20th 10am-4pm location TBD)
This workshop will give you all of the tools you need to hit the court with confidence as a first-time children’s basketball coach.
Over the course of six hours, this in-class and on-court workshop will help you:
- understand the level of athlete you are coaching (typically children between the ages of 6-10);
- equip yourself with the basic tools to plan safe, fun and effective practices;
- learn how to teach basic basketball skills from a games approach in a fun and inclusive way.
Introduction to Competition
Grade 5-12 Coaches (September 29th-30th location TBD)
This 2.5 day workshop provides an exceptional foundation for your coaching career and introduces new coaching methods that will enhance both your coaching and your program’s effectiveness.
Through a mix of classroom and hands-on learning in the gym, this workshop focuses on:
Developing a strong understanding of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) and how it relates to your athletes;
- How to break down and teach fundamental basketball concepts (including: shooting, loading, dynamic warm-ups, 1-second advantage, spacing, footwork, and error detection/correction)
- How to load a basketball skill and drill;
- Developing an effective practice plan;
- Making Ethical Decisions - a powerful six-step decision-making process for every coach and an NCCP requirement for all sports.
BREAK IT DOWN COACHING CLINICS
We offer a variety of mini coaching clinics each year that focus on 1 specific topic in the game. Each session is between 1 1/2-2 hours in length and is lead by experienced facilitators. Our clinic topics this year will be:
Shooting - Keys to Being Able to Intro/Error Detect/Correct Shooting Form, Warmup Drills and Points of Emphasis
Practice Planning - How to Format a Practice to Get The Most Out of Your Time
Exact dates/times TBD
BEST IN THE WEST COACHING CLINIC
The Best in the West coaching conference will feature seminars by some of Western Canada's top basketball coaches! Information for the 2018 clinic will be posted in August!
RESPECT IN SPORT
Respect in Sport must be completed by all coaches wishing to participate in our league. If you have already completed this certificate, please click off the BSI box on your account so that we have access to your certificate number. Please follow the link and complete the certificate as soon as possible: http://www.sasksport.sk.ca/RiS/
Stay tuned for more info
REGINA COUGARS - OPEN PRACTICE
2018 Dates TBD
Women's Cougar Open Practices
Men's Cougar Open Practices
The NCCP offers valuable online training seminars covering numerous subjects related to coaching. We strongly encourage our coaches to visit www.coach.ca to further their coaching knowledge.